This section is dedicated to teaching strategies, which were taken from class activities and projects, and derived from readings and guest speakers. Even though many of these strategies were designed for post-secondary schooling, many of these activities can be scaffolded to fit a K-12 classroom. This resource can be referenced when in need of an art project, brainstorming activity or discussion prompt.
- Telling Stories About our Names
- First or most recent memory
- of racial identity (visual)
- of gender/sexual identity (narrative)
- of class identity (interview and representation)